Haka Tours: 12 day/11 night South Island Adrenalin Junkie Tour (HT07)
Customise your Adventure - We don't believe including a whole bunch of Activities that you may or may lot like, why pay for stuff that you're not 100% keen on?
Instead we give you full control of your New Zealand tou by giving you the power to customise your trip with a whole bunch of add-ons.
Dont forget that these are all optional - there is plenty to do on tour without having to purchase heaps of add-ons
- Accommodation – quad or 6 share
- Passionate Tour Manager
- Unique guided tour in each location we visit
- Venture deep into Abel Tasman National Park!
- Stay alongside the beautiful lakes of Wanaka and Tekapo
- View Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers
- Visit Lake Tekapo, an alpine village in the Mackenzie Country
- Swim in turquoise lakes, canyon pools and clear mountain rivers
- Ferry journey between South and North Islands
- Gondola ride to the top of Queenstown
- Explore natural rainforests, hidden canyons and waterfalls
- 2 nights in Queenstown – adventure capital of the world!
- Visit 'Weta Cave' film studios in Wellington
A road trip with a small group of like-minded people with the same attitude, is what best describes our tour :)
1. Christchurch to Lake Tekapo
The tour starts from our own “Haka Lodge” and this morning you get to know downtown Christchurch, rebuilt after the earthquakes with super bright shipping containers before heading to the lakes and mountains of Tekapo and go stargazing after sunset
2. Lake Tekapo to Queenstown
Wake up alongside the turquoise Lake Tekapo before journeying to the jewel of the South Island - Queenstown. We arrive early afternoon and head to the top of Queenstown Gondola for epic panoramic views.
Step out of your comfort zone and take in New Zealand’s adventure capital in Queenstown! Or for those that prefer a scenic experience, head down to the famous Milford Sound for one of the most epic day trips in the country.
4. Queenstown to Wanaka
We spend the morning in Queenstown before crossing the mountains to Wanaka and one of New Zealand’s most beautiful drives.
5. Wanaka to Franz Josef
Start the morning off right with a scenic flight or skydive over one of New Zealand’s most beautiful small towns or hit the lake for some of the many water activities available before heading west.
6. Franz Josef
Take in the stunning Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers, one of the only glaciers in the world that descends into ancient rainforest. Ice-climbing and heli-hike options available.
7. Franz Josef to Punakaiki
“Road trip” up the South Island’s wild-west coast to the epic blowholes and rock formations around Punakaiki. For the next two nights we stay at a local lodge in the rainforest by the beach.
Hear the roars of the crashing waves on the Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki while having a BBQ on the beach or after making your own knife as a souvenir.
9. Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
We continue our journey north to the stunning Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand’s smallest national park but without a doubt, the most beautiful.
10. Abel Tasman
Fall in love with Abel Tasman National Park with hiking, kayaking and boating options available before having a BBQ and sleeping on a boat hostel deep in the park - one of the highlights of the trip.
11. Abel Tasman to Wellington
Explore the top of the South Island around Nelson, taking in the fresh seafood and famous wine before catching the ferry back to Wellington and the North Island
From the quirky cafe culture to the famous Weta Studios, explore Wellington, the coolest little capital in the world!
DEPARTS: 8am, Haka Lodge, 518 Linwood Ave, Christchurch.
ENDS: 3pm (appox) Wellington.
PRE/POST ACCOMMODATION - can me booked through Haka Tours
DEPARTURE DATES 2015
- 4th April to the 15 April
- 7th May to the 18th May
- 9th June to the 20th June
- 14th August to the 25 August
- 16th September to the 27 September
- 19th October to the 30th October
- 21st November to the 2nd December
- 24th December to the 4th January
DEPARTURE DATES 2016
- 26th January to the 6th Feburary
- 28th Feburary to the 10th March
- 1st April to the 12 April
- 4th May to the 15th May
- 6th June to the 17th June
- 11 August to the 22 August
- 13 September to the 24 September
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: -Upgrade your accommodation to double/twin private room at additional cost of $829 NZD (per room not person price)
Add on Activities before your tour or whilst on tour with your new Friends
Most Popular Add-ons
- Kayaking, Abel Tasman
- Milford Sound Trip , Queenstown,
- Canyon Swing, Queenstown
- Ice-explorer, Franz Josef
- Knife Carving, Punakaiki